Attempted Rape: Moremi Hostel Victim Narrates How It All Happened


It was supposed to be a beautiful Sunday morning, but not until the Moremi inhabitants were awoken from their sleep. Sunday, the 3rd of December 2023, is a day that Moremi Hall will not be quick to forget.
 
Recently, there have been reports of men invading hostels and attempting to steal. It took a different turn today as there was an attempted rape by a yet-identified man.
 
At exactly 5:15am, the screams from the middle blocks E and F threw Moremi residents into serious confusion. This scream came from Room E 203.
 
According to the findings, the roommate of the lady had stepped out of the room after feeling the urge to pee. She will like to be simply called Anu.
In her words, "I wanted to pee, and so I left my roommate praying. We were only two, and she was awake when I was leaving; that's why I did not bother to inform her."
However, the lady who was almost raped will like to remain anonymous for now. When told to recount the story, she burst into tears and exclaimed, "What a life! What kind of story will I call this?" Other Moremi residents sympathised with her.
 
At a later hour, she was in good enough condition to speak. She said, "I was praying, and I think I slept off. All of a sudden, I sensed a presence in the room, only for me to open my eyes, and what I saw was a dark-skinned man in a black singlet, tying my roommate's wrapper, walking towards me."
 
She sobbed some more and continued, "I was afraid and didn't know if I should scream. He pulled out a pair of scissors and threatened me with them. His mask fell off, and I was able to see his face. As he was about to climb into bed, I don't know how it happened, but I pushed him to the door and screamed for help!"
 
The screams and noises scared the man, who knew he was in danger, and then he fled. "We actually don't know how he entered or how he escaped. We couldn't get him."
 
Many moremites were seen on the corridors even into the late hours of the morning. The chairperson of Moremi Hall said that she had met the security committee of the school several times in regards to this case.
She said, "We hope something will be done and done fast."
 
As of the time of writing this report, one of the Moremi portals informed our correspondent of the CSO's visit to Moremi. He said, "The security team came around in the afternoon to look into the matter, and they took a few pictures of the affected areas in moremi."
 
The news of an attempted rape was rather a shock, and all hands are on deck to curb this menace before it curbs them. One of the witnesses said, "It is an unfortunate incident, but we thank God."
 
More findings are to be brought to you shortly.
 
-Wonderpen

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nights of Horror: Men Invade Moremi Hostel At Night. Here's what they did

Gas Explodes At Moremi Hostel